Juneau Alaska


Juneau, Alaska

Last updated: July 15, 2020


Did "Juneau" the capital of Alaska is Juneau? I'm sure you've all heard that joke, but I couldn't resist.

Juneau, Alaska. I wish I could have spent more time here. It was AMAZING! Since I was on a cruise, I only had about five hours to spend here. My mom had wanted us to go see Mendenhall Glacier, so we decided we would.

The only thing bad about it, the glacier is clear across town! And we choose to take the bus. *To all of you going to Juneau, please do not take the bus, take a cab!*

Mendenhall Glacier
Pros to Taking the Bus:

  • I was able to see more of Juneau than I would have in a cab
  • More space to sit
Cons to Taking the Bus:

  • We had to walk a mile and a half to still get to the glacier (A cab would have taken us all the way there)
  • A cab is more direct than a bus. While on the bus we had to go the bus route. 
  • The cab was able to pick us up at the Mendenhall Glacier Visitor Center.
About the Visitor Center:

I was only able to be at the visitor center for about 20 minutes. From what I could see, they had a store and many exhibits. They even had a park movie I believe. My family loves to complete the Junior Ranger programs at every park we can, so that is what we did for the 20 minutes we were there. They had two Jr. Ranger programs and the ranger was nice enough to have us complete one program and give us both badges. The badges were patches as well.


After we had gotten our Jr. Ranger badges and the picture with the glacier, we were in a huge time crunch to get back to the boat on time.




We called a cab and the cab service was able to get us to our cruise ship on time. The cab service was excellent!

I would love to hear others trips to Juneau, and what they did and enjoyed!

Interested about Alaska? Learn more about Seward and Anchorage by clicking on the links!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Richard's Hollow Trail

High Line/Riverside Trail in Logan Canyon, Utah

Middle Fork Waterfall